Monday, October 18, 2010

Now You Decide!!

The Paleo Challenge is just 12 days away. And I am receiving mixed emotions, as I expected. Change is inevitable, but no one said it was easy. So I initially set out to write this week about the benefits of doing the Paleo Challenge when I read the most startling article. And I was relieved...I no longer had to tell my dear friend that living this clean lifestyle was not against the beliefs of God (*raised eyebrow*), nor do I have to convince someone well over her weight that this lifestyle would help eliminate her aches and pains and finally, to my friend who calls my food "cardboard"....yes, this one is especially for you.

[Before I begin, I would like to say...I ate and still occassionally eat burgers (portabella mushrooms instead of buns though),  I ate snacks just like the next person, I also ate many types of healthy breads etc.  I am not judging anyone for loving what they love, I am just indicating there may be a better way to eat, a less processed way to live.....I was overweight AND although I loved working out I did not see a significant difference.]

In this article, it shows how fast foods do not decompose. It claims that the items in question are held in a museum for display since 1989 and to this day it still has not decomposed. This may seem fascinating to most, but not for me. I started thinking of all the bread I've consumed, possible produced by the same company or one with similar practices (that stocks the Burger King and Mc Donald's and other fast food chains). Imagine there is so much chemicals in the food mold won't engulf it?

My pre-paleo days were filled with 12 grain and Ezekiel bread, which both have a 2 week shelf life or longer if refrigerated.  My fascination then became, if after so many years it hasn't broken down to nothingness....what lasting effects did it leave in my body.

Now I practically cook almost everything I consume and although this may seem unrealistic to most, where there's a will there's a way. I cook most of my meals in minutes and typically outside of my kitchen (put it in and walk away sorta system).

This is where the expression: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER comes to mind. Don't feed yourselves or your children this crap, and I'm not just talking about fast food. I'm saying processed foods, cause they are produced by the same companies. And to those of you outside of the United States, don't think you're exempt...read your labels. Make an informed decision about your health and the lives of your children.

The Paleo Challenge may seem difficult, impossible even but your life is worth every day you choose to eat clean and stay active. People used to commit suicide by slitting their wrists, consuming poisonous substances, jumping off a bridge even...those were their choices. And though it's sad and unfortunate...it was THEIR CHOICE. Don't slowly commit suicide because you like the taste of pringles or bread, decide that you are worth it and make a change. It starts with YOU.  And now you know, so YOU decide.

The Paleo Challenge starts in 12 days.....

See attached link for the article about the burger that won't decompose, view the CNN coverage also.

 http://www.NaturalNews.com/030074_Happy_Meal_decompose.html

No comments:

Post a Comment